Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2012

If you understand politics, you understand domestics.

I am in full-time employment, I earn good money to support our family of 4. My 2 boys are also working, the 2 girls are still studying, 1 at university and the other is at school.

My family  keeps asking for new improvements at home. A spare double-room for the oldest to get married, clean new cloths for my daughter for uni, shampoos and soaps to shower. They also want to have a say in what we eat everyday, not just the food I bring to them.

And my wife, oh my God, she keeps demanding that she comes with me when I go shopping to "monitor" our spending as she puts it. She says you earn way too much and we don't see any of it, it doesn't reflect on us, we live like we're poor.

I come home from work very angry at them, for no apparent reason but their faces- well they annoy me with their unreasonable demands. So I start breaking things, I broke the TV the other day, then went on to break picture frames of my wife's late parents, she said those frames have sentimental value to her and the kids, I am aware of this but they do say hit them where it hurts for them to learn.

I locked my daughter in her room and I didn't let her go to school, also my other daughter (the one at uni) I told her if you keep asking for cloths I will stop paying your fees, well half of them, because her brothers pay the rest.

The boys always go behind my back and help their mother financially as if I'm not doing enough. I gave them roof over their heads, beds to sleep in and fed them as well. Yes they pay the bills, electricity, water, internet and a small fee (rent for their stay) to me. Regardless of that, it is still my home and they ought to be grateful for what they receive.

Being the angry person I am, I kept breaking things and abusing my family, I said I'll never build that room, never going to buy shampoo and soaps and never ever am I going to get them involved in what we eat everyday, it's my house, my rules. They can move out if they want.

My boys are determined to get what they want, the younger one says he wants a garage for his car, he bought it with his hard earning money indeed but he wants to use the spare derelict land we have for it. There's no chance I'm going to let that happen, it's my land. In the meantime he can continue to pay the bill for our house, after all is it his duty.

They kept pressurising me and I got tired, I couldn't deal with them any more, so I called a good friend of mine to keep an eye on them. Make sure they don't do anything behind my back. They [my kids] phones my brother and told him about my behaviour, it pissed me off even more. I stormed the house, destroying the sofa, the tv bench the sink and all the kitchen appliances, I injured my son doing that, I warned them if they take him to hospital I will beat them too. 

Weeks passed and they didn't back down, so I sat with them and told them that I will fix the TV and buy new sofa and kitchen appliances and they shouldn't worry about it, I called my brother and told him, because he started siding with them. I told him all will be good, all broken things will be replaced. I will implement reforms! And so I did, I even allowed my daughter to go back to school! Of course I have told them that I will not tolerate their disobedience in the future and will be keeping en eye on them to make sure they stay in line.

Note: I still didn't do anything about their original demands, I still choose their food, didn't improve the house, my son's car still outside, my other son wants to get married I didn't fix that double-room thing, and my daughter still doesn't have good cloths for uni. I'm not sure why they appear to be unhappy, they should be grateful that all I did was break a few of their bones.


Do you get it now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hatred will not be tolerated!